On April 1st, Black Chantry announced that Vampire: The Eternal Struggle has been translated to Latin. We just want to clarify that this is not a April Fool´s joke!
To further prove the authenticity in this endeavour, here are some unboxing videos by the translator Ginés Quiñonero, one for each clan – Malcaviānus, Nosferātus, Taureātor, Tremārius and Ventruus!
This is the original announcement, now in English:
Vampire: The Eternal Struggle in Latin!
The Vampire: The Eternal Struggle Fifth Edition decks are now available in the Latin language. You can buy them on Drivethrucards as a single item. That is, if you buy the item, you’ll get all five decks. The Fifth Edition rulebook and help sheets in Latin are available to download in PDF format on Blackchantry.com.
Why Latin? There are many reasons!
• An opportunity for Black Chantry´s Ginés Quiñonero to practise his language skills.
• The translation work meant yet another deep review of the rulebook.
• Further testing of niche products on print-on-demand.
• Show that Latin is still, after more than two millennia, a living language.
• Create an entertaining new way to teach Latin.
• It is thematically correct! Latin is an ancient language often used by elder World of Darkness vampires. Therefore, it is only logical that Methuselahs can play their beloved card game in Latin too.
Get Vampire: The Eternal Struggle in Latin at Drivethrucards.com.
Get the rulebook in Latin at Blackchantry.com.
– Complete decklists and previews from the Fifth Edition decks
– The delicate art of Vampire: The Eternal Struggle
– About Fifth Edition and the future with lead designer Ben Peal
– Interview with original designer Richard Garfield
– Rules Team Rulings with Fifth Edition rulebook addendum
Copyright © 2021 Paradox Interactive AB. www.paradoxinteractive.com. All rights reserved. Vampire: The Eternal Struggle and Vampire: The Masquerade® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Paradox Interactive AB. All rights reserved.